Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One of those days....

Just one of those regular days around here. The FedX guy just delivered the fans I bought from woot.com - my belief is....you can never have too many fans. These are cute little things - a good size for the computer desk or bedside. I got four. Yes, four. I will send at least two to NC - possibly three. The UPS guy wasn't far behind, delivering J's late Father's Day gift from our NC kids - it was a houndstooth BAMA cap. Very nice! The FedX guy came to the side door and the UPS guy went to the front door. I wonder if they waved to each other as they passed. It used to embarrass me when they arrived at the same time (don't know why!), but I'm over it now. All the years of traveling taught me how to shop first by phone and now online. I should see the UPS guy again Friday with my K-cups from Amazon, and if I can catch him, I'll see how his trip to Napa went (I learned of his planned Napa trip when he delivered some wine I'd ordered). I didn't get to ask the FedX guy if his brother-in-law sold the Fiat he's been working so hard on. ....These guy are becoming like family.

Well, time to get back to being productive - and try not to think about what's happening now that BP had to remove the cap from the well. I hope they get it back on soon. And then there's that tropical wave in the Caribbean - I don't want to think about that either. Let's just hope it stays there - and doesn't turn into a depression. I did just hear that eBay will pull the Jimmy Buffett tickets - the free tickets people got for the Gulf Shores, AL benefit concert to promote Gulf Coast tourism. There's that. And with that bit of non-note-worthy news, I'm off....

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I learned the hard way that you can't have too many fans. I had two, and thought, well, if one breaks I have another. When I needed to use it, one was broken and the other didn't work at all. Now I have 4!

5:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home