Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hello from Oregon!

Drizzly, damp, chilly Oregon. We're here. It's been a bit of a whirwind, but it's fine - so far. After settling in (somewhat), I spent a frantic couple of days searching Amazon for some gifts to send the kids in NC - because....as we all know, the real Christmas gifts are sitting in our house in BR. I hope they're not too lonely. At least the kids will have some small gifts to open as we Skype Christmas morning. One good bit of news, we're spending Christmas weekend at the Oregon coast with son #1, who we haven't seen in a few years. If nothing else comes of this trip, that in itself will make it worthwhile.

We're staying in a neat little place nestled in an old train station. It's within walking distance to the downtown area, and they have Starbucks and The Beanery! Hoo ray! I'm frantically searching for us a place to stay in long term - a furnished place. It's proving to be difficult, but if all else fails, I have a place to fly back to and J can just stay his butt here. ....He hates it when I say that. Tomorrow morning I go with a property manager to look at yet another furnished house. $$$ Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas and New Years. Enjoy!!!

3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home