Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, July 10, 2005

The fifth season....that's what hurricane season's called down this way. I've spent most of the day watching Dennis hit FL. For a while it looked as if he was heading in as a cat.4, but -- thank G-d, he weakened and made landfall at a 3. I hate for a hurricane to hit anywhere, but, having said that, I was glad my beautiful Redneck Riviera didn't get slammed for the second time in less than a year. The area Dennis hit is one we go to often.

'A' is back from her business trip. She and her two roommates are planning a trip to NYC. They have tickets to RENT and The Lion King -- no room as of yet, but what the hell..right? :/ Hopefully they will find something nice and safe that won't max their credit cards. I think I'm gonna plan a trip up there for me and J this month or next.

Well, that's it for now. I talked J into taking sons @2&3 to the movies so I could get my vacuuming and cleaning done today. It feels so good not to have that facing me in the morning. Now maybe I can paint some of those door frames down the hall.... :(

1 Comments:

Blogger JT said...

Hi!

Don't know why--just got your message. Just got back, and I fear I'm too late to give your friends hotel recommendations.

I also recommend people to the Hotel 17 on East 17th Street. There is also a Y in the West 50s that is cheap to stay in. (Y's are a good option in the city.)

If these recommendations don't work for this trip, perhaps they'll be good for another.

Thanks!

Julie

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home