Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, June 03, 2005

Today has been hot, hot, hot! I didn't make things any better by cooking and using the oven all day. I knew better, but.... I made the veggie dinner with cornbread and it was passable. In fact, I may use some of the recipes again. I used too much macaroni in the mac and cheese, and my buttermilk had gone bad so I had to use regular milk. I didn't taste the cornbread, but J and son #3 said it was fine.

I had two platesful of veggies, some of which had been made with butter, brown sugar, pecans...., so my diet was very much off track today. I'll make up for it tomorrow. I'm gonna try the drunken chicken and a big salad.

J and son #3 may go to a wargaming tournamen in New Orleans tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do. Maybe try wacking that Asian jasmine down so I can spray it again and get closer to the roots. I'm afraid it's a loosing battle.

J and I have had a tenuous peace tonight. He got in this afternoon, we ate, and he and son #3 went to the wargaming meeting. So....we haven't been around each other much. Oh....I did 'mention' that I wasn't too happy about the kid using the yard. I just don't feel comfortable about it. To me, home is where one should feel secure, comfortable, and all that. That's hard for me to do when I never know who's going to be in my backyard when I walk out -- not to mention the boat, trailer, coolers, etc. It just pisses me off big time to have to think before I go out my door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home