Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Today is one of those days that, when I look back on it, I did nothing to better the world, my family, myself, ....nutin' honey. I felt as if I was on hold all day waiting to learn 'A's' decision re her job - even tho I think I know. She hasn't called. I didn't call her because I felt she might think I was pressuring her, and she has a couple of people she's talking it over with. I just called her a few minutes ago and she didn't answer, which didn't surprise me because she knows her dad is home and she so doesn't want to talk to him. I guess she'll either call back later tonight, or I'll get in touch with her tomorrow, or....

Today I just piddled around. I was feeling that there were all sorts of odds and ends to be taken care of and it was driving me crazy - actually, I wasn't that worried about it, but saying I was makes me feel better about myself....temporarily. I just wandered through each room seeing what needed to be done, and there was something in every room that needed to be done. Umm..I seem to be in one of those 'I need to be in control' moods again. I hate those!

I decided to grill some sausages out before J got home. And wouldn't you know it, we were almost out of charcoal. But since I didn't have much to put on the grill, it worked out. Threw some potatoes in the oven to oven-fry, sliced a tomatoe and onion - easy meal. Ice cream for dessert.

Well, J came in tonight. We did fine until I mentioned his dirty clothes. He usually brings them in and dumps them in the washer and I'll finish drying them. (I use to wash and dry them but I think someone at work said something that made him start washing them.) I didn't mind washing his clothes ( a weeks worth); it was his attitude. He would say that he worked and I did nothing so I could wash his clothes. And....that was in response to NOTHING. I hadn't said anything. He has such a big mouth.

Anywho, tonight he dumped his dirty clothes in the foyer. ?? I asked him why he didn't put them on the washer and that set him off. He can never say something simple like he didn't want to, or sorry. No siree. He had to go on and on about 'me' getting excited and nagging him. He can't seem to understand, or won't accept that there is family space in the house, and personal space. He thinks someone (me) should follow him around picking up after him. I guess that comes from being raised by his grandmother. His mother was the same way - expecting her mom (J's grandmom) to pick up after her.

Here I go again. I can tell it's going to be a 'good' weekend. :/

Actually, I'm going to try. Sons #2&3 want to go see Star Wars with J (he'll pay) ;) so they'll be out of the house for a while. Sons #2&3 normally would have gone to the midnight showing but son #2 didn't know when he'd be back from New Orleans for sure. By the time he found out and tried to buy tickets, it was sold out.

I need to get things ready for our trip to the coast, but....I'll think about that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home