Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Another day, another job to quit......

Here we go again. 'A' - my daughter just finished her first day on her new job. She was so glad to get it because her job pickins' have been slim lately. She has a BS in Polymer (basically chemistry/engineering), her MS in Forensics, and her class work finished for her Doctorate in Criminal Justice. She's turned down two jobs with the FBI because she doesn't want to move. She said she would work for next to nothing just to stay where she is now. Well....that turned out to be an untruth. She got a job with the city police department as a CSI - which paid next to nothing - and that didn't work out for her. There were reasons other than the pay, tho.

So, she started this new job today as a chemist. I knew she was setting herself up, because the job is almost two hours away from where she lives and she doesn't want to move. I talked with her at noon and she was pleased with the way the day was going. I talked with her on her drive home and she was not pleased. She's tired, she was bored during the afternoon, she wonders what she's gotten herself into.

I knew this would happen, and she did, too. She's a smart chickadee. I just hope she'll find a way to work this out. As I see it.... ^) she can find a place down there, stay in a motel during the work week, come home for a couple of nights during the work week (we are closer than where she's driving from now), or just get used to the drive. As I said, I'm hoping she'll work it out because this job is a good opportunity for her. If she could stay at it for 2-3 years she'll be on her way. ....At least that's what she tells me.

Not much else going on today. I made reservations at the coast for next Sun.-Wed., just before rates go up for the summer. I never know how many bedrooms to get because I never know who will be able to go. At the moment, I just got a 2 bedroom condo, instead of a house, because I'm thinking only son #3 will be free to go. It seems nice - an end unit with a big balcony right on the beach. Only bummer is that J wants to go from there up to the AL house and do some work, ....and see a Civil War reenactment. You see, we can't do anything without bringing his past into it. Oh, they have a grocery service at the beach now. You fill out an online order and it is waiting for you at your rental property. I may give it a try. We'll go to Bruno's or Winn Dixie, of course, to stock up on some soft drinks that are hard to find at home. I want to try LuLu's (Jimmy Buffet's sister's place), 'A' and her roommate tried it when they went down a couple of weeks ago and loved it. Probably not much except fried food on the menu - that's what our beautiful Redneck Riviera does best.

J is going to an Astro's game tonight. A vendor got tickets for some of the guys. I guess he'll get a meal too. So if the game's televised and you're watching and see a crazy guy in a flowered shirt, that's J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home