Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, May 20, 2005

A friend died today. A person I've never met, who lived on the other side of the country. I knew her only through the virtual world of homeschooling boards and emails. I've known her for years. I've been through the illness and eventual death of her husband three years ago. I've been through her helping her two children adjust to their father's death. I've been with her through her move back to her hometown so she could be closer to family. I've been with her as she bought a house, got a job, and eventually bought another house that better suited her and her childrens' needs. I remember how much she wanted that house and how hard she worked for it. I remember how closely she watched her children as they all tried to live in a world turned upside down after her husband's death. I remember how she fought for her husband to live and supported him with every fiber of her being.

I remember when she got sick. I remember her disbelief. I remember her anger. I remember her strong faith being tested. I remember her optimism. I remember her disappointment. I remember her agony over what her children were going to have to face - again, so soon, so soon. I remember her last email saying good-bye. It was unbelievable. I remember her son's email saying his mother had passed away in the early morning and that he was closing her email accounts.

A friend died today, and I will miss her so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home