Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, July 07, 2005

So we're back from Bama. I've been busy all week playing catch up with the house and restocking the food and the wash and....you name it. 'A' and her two roommates came in last weekend after J and I had left. (I think it was planned so she would miss J), and..sons 2&3 were staying here so the house was full. Full of teenagers and young adults. :/ That's why I've spent two days/daze getting things back in order. They are good kids and try to clean up their messes but you know there are always things to set back in order.

'A' is on her first business trip this week. She sounded exhausted when she called Wednesday. They had worked most of the day and then had to drive a couple of hours to the airport and then take a couple of flights. She'd better get used to it because if sounds as if she'll be traveling quite a a bit. At least she's with someone she knows this time out.

Now on to last weekend at the house from hell in Bama. J worked his butt off finishing painting the outside of the house and hanging bathroom shelves, and I spent two days working on ornamental wrought iron. It was NOT fun! It was hot, hot, hot. I used a drill, paint stripper, a paint scraper, a wire brush, sandpaper, and anything else I could think of. I got a tad over half done. I also primed the full bath. It'll be ready to paint next time. There's always a next time. I thought we were going to come back on the 4th but J said he'd promised me he'd have me back for the 4th, which was a big, fat lie. He's the one who wanted to get back. I don't know why he just didn't say so.

We stopped by 'A's' on the way home and met her new roommate. She seemed cool. The three of them seem to getting along fine.

It's taking the bedding and drapes I ordered f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get here. I'm hesitant to buy paint base on a picture. I'd really like to have some material to match. Of course, with my track record, it won't matter either way. I'm sure I'll manage to make a mistake. By the time I develop 'color sense' I'm gonna be so tired of painting that it won't matter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home