Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My house is full. And....that's probably why yesterday was a two drink day. Two rum'n diet cokes. First at (blush, blush) 2: something pm. My excuse: I had not gone to bed until 2 am the night/morning before because I was in one of those reading modes. I think those modes strike when I'm attempting to escape my sorry life. I've been through two books and am 2/3 finished with this one (a V. I. Warshawski who-dunnit that 'A' gave to me after she read it while going through her odd situations). That's where my life is nowadays, doing my tedious 'stuff' while waiting until I can finish and veg-out with a book and a rum and coke.

Not only had I not slept well -- or long, but I had spent the morning hours cleaning the house. I gave it a pretty thorough going over and felt much better afterwards. ....So much so that I headed for the liquor cabinet?!? In my defense, it was freaking H-O-T yesterday. I was sweating (not glistening or glowing but sweatin') while vacuuming and dusting and cleaning bathrooms and moving stuff so I could vacuum and dust and then having to move the stuff BACK to where it was in the first place to wait until I had to move it again so I could vacuum and dust. I didn't even want to bath until it cooled off. Which ended up being around 11 pm.

That bring me to my observation for the day (or for yesterday). There is so much stuff in my house that has no business being here. No point for it to be here. Except that it's crap J is holding on to for whatever reason. He has places to store all this stuff so it won't cause problems between us, but then he'd have to take care of it. So, he brings it to our house, dumps it, and thinks it becomes my problem. Which it does because in order for me to have space to live, I have make room for me and my stuff. It's not supposed to be like that in your own house.

I tell him this and he reverts to his old saying that all this stuff 'has value.' And since he's not going to reclaim this 'value' himself, it stays where he dumps it and wastes away. I hate that! To me, it's sinful. So....that's what drove me to the early drink yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home